This is a straight forward process and the team at SSAIB are here to assist you every step of the way
Complete our on-line application form
- Once SSAIB have reviewed and accepted your application we will contact you to arrange a convenient date for the audit and guide you through the requirements on that day
- For product certification this is generally 1 day depending on which scheme the product certification falls under
- For Management systems this is based on the headcount of your organisation and this will guide us for the man-days required for the stage 1 and stage 2 visit. Normally we allow 6 weeks between the stage 1 & stage 2 visit but this can be adjusted depending on the findings of the stage 1 audit.
- Once the visit has been carried out we will leave you with a report stating the outcome of the visit along with any Non-conformances which may have been identified which will require close out before certification can be granted.
- Based on the recommendation of the report and the close out of Non-conformances then the SSAIB decision maker will review the recommendation from the auditor and if there are no issues they will grant certification.
- Should there be any outstanding issue then SSAIB will contact you to resolve them in order that certification can be awarded.
- Once certificated for Product your certificate remains valid provided the annual surveillance visit is carried out
- For management systems you certificate is valid for 3 years subject to an annual surveillance visits and a successful re-certification audit at the end of the 3 years.